Research and Statistics Division
Data Management Section
Geographic Information System Section
Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation Division
Planning and Programming Section
Monitoring And Evaluation Section
There are two divisions under the City Planning and Development Office: The Research and Statistics Division (RSD) and the Planning, Monitoring, and Evaluation Division (PMED). Each division has two sections.
The RSD has Data Management Section and Geographic Information System (GIS). The Data Management Section is responsible for conducting in-depth research and data gathering needed for planning and prepares periodic reports of the situation of the city. The roles and responsibilities of GIS, however, are to develop & maintain geographic information system and other information system. The GIS section responsibility also includes coordinating with all departments of the City Government for spatial data needs and updating of information systems.
The PMED has also two sections. The first one is the Planning and Programming Section and the second one is the Monitoring and Evaluation System. The responsibilities of the first section is to formulate/update development plans of the city, propose the Local Investment Plan with respective breakdown (AIP, 20% DF, GAD, etc.), coordinate with all departments, national line agencies, barangays,and private sectors for planning & implementation of PPAs, and builds capacity of BDC & CDC in terms of planning. The roles of monitoring and evaluation section, however, are to develop monitoring tools, conducts monitoring & evaluation of PPAs, enforces and administers zoning ordinance & land use plan. Part of its roles also is to prepare project proposals.
Understanding fully the responsibilities of public servants and driven by the strong determination to improve the image of government employees, we faithfully commit to be models of men and women in the bureaucracy by having moral courage, transparency fairness, integrity, honesty, responsibility and accountability to institute changes for the benefit of the general public
A department with highly competent employees providing quality and customer-friendly services, responsive to the physical and spatial development requirements based on plans using relevant information and updated data derived from researches and continuing studies; implementing and monitoring projects through transparent systems and procedures with people’s participation
The City Planning and Development Office was previously part of the Municipal Engineer’s Office (MEO). The Municipal Engineer then was Engr. Teodocio Pabillaran. Under the MEO before is the Municipal Development Staff. Some of the staff from MDS was Herculano S. Ronolo, Sonia Dulanas, Renato Tolibao, Bonifacio Tadlas, Henrietta Suson, and Marilyn Paler. They were the first men and women of the Municipal Planning Development Office when it was created in 1985, with Mr. Herculano S. Ronolo as the Municipal Planning and Development Coordinator.
On February 11, 1998, under Republic Act 8490, Malaybalay was created into a city, thus, changing the name from Municipal to City Planning and Development Office. Mr. Herculano S. Ronolo was the CPDC until he retired from office in 2013. He was then succeeded by Engr. Adrian R. Gamboa and he is the CPDC until now. Mr. Ronolo, on the other hand, is currently serving as the City Administrator.
Update for the last 6 Months
1.) Conducted a Transition Management Meeting
(June 17-18, 2019 at Chali Beach Resort, CDO)
2.) Comprehensive Development Plan Formulation
- Creation of City Planning Team through an Executive Order
- City Planning Team Orientation (July 21, 2019)
- Community Consultations for initial visioning and to draw out issues and concerns for CDP (August 13, 14, 20, 22, & 23, 2019)
- 3-Day Workshop for Strategic Planning for CDP with the City Planning Team (September 11-13, 2019)
- 3-Day Workshop for Local Development Investment Programming for CDP with the City Planning Team (October 2-4, 2019)
3.) Barangay Development Plan Updating
- Barangay Development Planning Workshop at Casisang as Pilot Barangay for BDP Process (August 5-7, 2019)
- Barangay Orientation on BDP Process & Requirements at the same time Community Consultations for initial visioning and to draw out issues and concerns for CDP (August 13, 14, 20, 22, & 23, 2019)
- Individual coaching of various barangays
4.) Facilitated Strategic Planning for various offices
- City Planning & Development Office (September 3-4, 2019)
- City Mayor’s Office (September 17-18, 2019)
- City Veterinary Office (September 20, 2019)
5.) Attended Meetings for the City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Plan updating
- Meeting with CDRRMO Staff & Mam Eileen O. Gamo to discuss necessary requirements for CDRRMP updating (September 2, 2019)
- Meeting with CDRRMO Staff & Mam Eileen O. Gamo to discuss Alerting System for Emergency response (October 2, 2019)