SAN JOSE

organizational structure

Bebina M. Kee
Punong Barangay

Crisostomo C. Maiso
Barangay Kagawad
Sandra A. Hoelzle
Barangay Kagawad
Artemio R. Gulle
Barangay Kagawad
Crezlyn S. Sator
Barangay Kagawad
Maximo M. Hoyo-a
Barangay Kagawad
Alma N. Lumahang
Barangay Kagawad
Haide M. Caipang
Barangay Kagawad

Barangay Profile

Baranagy San jose is located along the National highway, 6 kilometers south of the City proper. It isbound on the North by the Baranagy Casiang, in the Sputh of Barangay Laguitas, west by the Barangay Magsaysay, East by Barangay Can-ayan

Mission

Barangay San Jose elected officials and appointed positions must be sincere, loyal, and dedicated in serving their constituents, minimize politicking’s that leads to factionalism, avoid favoritism and self-centeredness; help implement policies and laws which will benefit the Barangay Governance with the aid of Local, Provincial, City and progress of the community.

Vision

We envision Barangay San Jose as the Industrial Capital of the City with educated, respectful, healthy, and God-fearing people in a balanced economy on agricultural and environment-friendly industrial technology, sustaining a well-preserved and protected natural resources, living a well –developed and clean community under a transparent governance of honest an active leader.

Historical Background

In the early days, the natives were the owners of vast fertile land of the Municipality of Malaybalay. Some of them settled in the Barangay called Laguitas and particularly in the settlement called Sitio Cenacorohan which means “source of abundant supply”.

            In 1952, Mr. Jose Tan Neri, a Chinese merchant accidentally came across the area and settled and married to Dolores Suclatan. A portion of their land was donated to be the  site of the Sitio Chapel and the Patron Saint is San Jose until now.

In 1970, Mr. Cipriano O. Tulang became a Kagawad of Barangay Laguitas and he requested the Municipal Council through a resolution for the conversion of Sitio Cenacorohan into a regular Barangay. On December 9, 1972, the Barangay was formally established into a regular one and it was named after its Patron Saint: Barangay San Jose and Mr. Tulang was the first Punong Barangay.

The famous tourist spot of Bukidnon nowadays is located at Barangay San Jose, the Monastery of the Transfiguration. This Monastery of the Benedictine Monks was built in 1981 and became operational in 1983 for Sunday Mass goers.

The following are the Punong Barangay of Barangay San Jose:

Barangay Captain Year Appointed
Mr. Cipriano O. Tulang 1972 – 1982
Mr. Lucio S. Racoma 1982 – 1989
Ms. Bebina M. Kee 1989 – 2007
Mr. Jesus D. Cañete 2007 – 2010
Mr. Ramon F. Jaculbe 2010 – 2013
Ms. Bebina M. Kee 2013 – 2018- present
Contact Information

Landline:

813-1243

email:

none